To apply for financial aid for this program, click here!
If you’re in grades 6-12, join us at the SFSPCA for an active day of service in order to help us go above and beyond in enriching the animals’ lives while at the shelter! While our animals receive the best care, we are always looking for those who can help us “spice it up” for our animals while they await their fur-ever home. Volunteers may devise and create a variety of enrichment toys, adoption promotion materials, and participate in keeping the shelter grounds and animal habitats fresh and clean (not to mention get some hands-on socialization time). Community Service Day fulfills school or club community service requirements
- The program fee: $55 per Day.
- Community Service Days run from September-April.
- Hours: 10am - 2pm
- Guardians can drop-off and pick-up volunteers at the Humane Education entrance located at 243 Alabama Street (Mission Campus) or 2343 Fillmore Street (Pac Heights). Please arrive on time.
- Appropriate attire for both variations of Community Service Days includes long pants, t-shirt, and closed-toed shoes with rubber soles.
- All participants will need to bring a lunch.
- High School - Mission - 11/18: Sorry, registration is now closed.
- Middle School - Pac Heights - 11/19: Register now, 2 seats remaining.
- High School - Mission - 12/9: Register now.
- Middle School - Pac Heights - 12/10: Register now.
- Middle School - Mission - 12/16: Register now.
- Middle School - Pac Heights- 12/17: Register now.